Saturday, March 29, 2014

Last Dance with Rodvik


Warning!! Given Rodvik's recent departure from Second Life, the title of this post might imply some melodramatic musings when it's actually a response to Strawberry Singh's latest Monday Meme, Dance in Second Life Challenge.


And though this post isn't melodramatic it is a bit nostalgic.  As I wrote in Adventures w Flat Rod: Rod Humble Crept into My Life, it was taken in the Ballroom of Languedoc Coeur.

I LOVED that ballroom and if memory serves me correctly it was the first place that I ever danced in Second Life (SL).

When the decision was made to overhaul Languedoc Coeur, I hauled Flat Rod there for one final dance.  Though the ballroom was still standing the region was empty; more ghost-town then anything I've ever experienced in SL before or since.  I planted Rod in the middle of the huge, marble floor and danced the minuet one last time.  He was stoic (as only a cardboard cut-out can be) while I was a bit teary.  He didn't start to sweat until I dragged him next door to the Languedoc Coeur Chapel, though that could have just been condensation collection on his rigid, board brow.

I'm glad I captured this moment and thought it was perfect for this dancing challenge.  In response to the questions:

Which dance are you sharing in the image/video and where is it from?  Since this is an 18th century estate we're dancing The Minuet by Maar Auer.

Which is your favourite dance in Second Life? It has to be Dancing Around the Christmas Tree by Eladon Galsworthy.  It's a group dance and when you get everyone going it's a real hoot.  Here's an old video to give you an idea.


What are your favourite dance animation stores in Second Life? Sorry but I don't buy enough dance animations to give a good reply.  I'm looking forward to reading the other posts to see what their favourites are.

Are you a frequent dancer in Second Life? Since dancing is an important part of my 18th century social scene, I'd consider myself a fairly regular SL dancer. Please note that Flat Rod has been pushed to the back of my closet; I don't go out dancing with him anymore ;)

Are you a frequent dancer in the real world?  I use to be but my ballet, tap & jazz shoes have been gathering dust over the last little while.  At least I know it's never too late to go back (as long I remember to have plenty of Advil stored up for the after aches).

Many thanks to Berry for posting this challenge.  It was a lot of fun!
___________________________________________________________
Last Dance with Rodvik by  on 2014-03-29 Tatiana's response to the Dance in Second Life Challenge.

Images: Tatiana Dokuchic Find Tatiana Dokuchic on Google+

2 comments:

  1. haha love that you included Rod in this meme! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Berry! Thank you also for the great challenge, it really was the perfect setup for me.

      When I got Flat Rod from you all those months ago who could have anticipated that I would be using these dance pics in one of your Monday Memes. Karma!

      Delete